Friday 8 July 2016

Exposure Therapy for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.

Day Two.

Today is day two of me actively trying exposure therapy. I have gone out, and attempted a walk. (Actually, this was yesterday, I am writing retrospectively). I decided to take my phone, and just record how I got on. I don't know why. Perhaps seeing me do it could help someone else try it?

If anyone would like an exposure therapy buddy, I am happy to share my contact details, you can send me an email on here, or a message on Facebook, and we can see how we get on together. If there is enough of us, perhaps we could even start a small group. Lets see how it goes.

I am now addressing you as readers. In previous posts, I have covered my history, and just talked about what had gone on in my slightly dysfunctional life. Now we are bang up to date though, I am reaching out to you. All of you. I don't know if anyone even reads this. Perhaps I am just talking to myself. Even if that is the case, its fine. Its quite therapeutic just writing it all down. But I'd love to think that there may be some readers out there who can relate, and I want those people to reach out! Click on 'follow', leave a comment, send me a message, follow me on Twitter. Lets reach out.

For any of those interested, here is a video of me trialling my first exposure therapy. Its not taken at the most glamorous of angles, and I look like crap, but do you know what? I don't care! It is very unlike me to publish even pictures of myself, let alone a video. But as part of facing this social anxiety head on, I am going to bite the bullet, and just put it out there. Its all part of the recovery.

Since this video, I have done the walk down the road again, very very comfortably. I am literally heading out the door when I finish this post, to try the walk up the road again towards the park and to see whether I can get a bit closer to the gate. I shall let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment